As web designers and developers we look forward to new Adobe Creative Suite updates. Upgrading at the very first opportunity in order to get the best design and development tools. Adobe’s Creative Suite helps us in staying on top of our game. Creative Suite 6 will still be available for purchase, but it will not be updated beyond addressing bugs and OS compatibility. There will be no Creative Suite 7. The new cloud service from Adobe offers monthly plans in order to get access to apps like Photoshop, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, After Effects, and more. Their newest additions are what we like best which help in mobile device web and game development.
Things we like about the new cloud service:
1. Access files anywhere through the cloud. Work on files at the office, home, or on your tablet.
2. Adobe Edge Tools and services to help you design for mobile devices.
3. Adobe Game Developer tools. Build, optimize and deliver amazing 2D and 3D web, mobile and desktop games.
4. Get app updates as soon as they are released. No more need to purchase updated software.
5. Price per month is very reasonable considering you get all access to Adobe’s Applications.
6. Get 20GB storage space to share and collaborate easily with co-workers or share with client for easy feedback.
For creatives that rely on the company’s upgrades, some will be pleased to find that anyone with a CS 3 or later serial number will get their first Creative Cloud year for $29.99 per month. For everyone else, the complete version of Creative Cloud will set you back $49.99 per month, or you can purchase a single app license subscription for $19.99 per month. For more information on the Adobe Creative Cloud service, visit Adobe’s site at http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html